Benjamin F. McAdoo - Ota Residence
Any survey of historical black architectural sites within Washington state is incomplete without a deep consideration of Benjamin F....
Documenting historic sites significant to Black History in Washington State, sponsored by National Park Service (NPS) and the Washington State Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP)
Our goal is to conduct extensive research and public outreach in order to achieve the following:
1. Create a thorough list of Black architects, artists, designers, engineers, or builders with work completed in Washington State.
2. Write extensive biographies on at least five of the identified creators.
3. Identify between 30 and 50 sites associated with these creators for the State of Washington Historic Property Inventory.
4. Nominate two sites associated with significant black creators to the National Historic Register
5. Identify other sites of importance to Washington State's Black History for inclusion on the State of Washington Historic Property Inventory.